The skills and knowledge obtained through attending are crucial for both my current role and future career.
Nar Bahudur Khatiwora
United Nations (UNDP)
I gained with information I’ll be able to apply to decisions I make regarding the procurement of renewable energy.
I actually managed to get a promotion off the back of my new skills I have gained studying these courses!
Through the Low Carbon Skills Fund, employees from Scottish business are able to attend training courses held by the REI and receive a refund of 60% of the training costs to reinvest into business development. All of the REI’s current training portfolio is eligible for the 60% cash-back offer, on renewable energy, carbon reduction and energy efficiency training, up to a maximum of £1000 per employee (and £5000 in total).
5 Easy Steps to claim your 60% Funding through Skills Development Scotland
1. Contact the Renewable Energy Institute and reserve a place on a course (full training schedule can be found at https://www.EUenergycentre.org/training)
2. Submit your Application Form to Skills Development Scotland (SDS)
3. Receive Approval from Skills Development Scotland – this may take up to 4 weeks
4. Confirm your training with the REI and make payment for your course
5. Claim 60% of the course price you paid back – send your receipt to Skills Development Scotland to complete the process
If you have any further questions about the Fund and how to apply it to REI Courses, please do not hesitate to get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 (0)131 446 9479
The criteria for Low Carbon Skills Funding is as follows:
– The number of employees in the organisation is under 100
– The organisation is based in Scotland, and the participating employees are residents in Scotland.
– The business is a private sector, voluntary or community (not-for-profit) organisation (including sole traders).
– The training is in an subject area of renewable energy, low carbon technologies, renewable energy. Note that all REI courses are eligible, view: https://www.EUenergycentre.org/training/
– For full Terms and Conditions, please go to https://www.ourskillsforce.co.uk/
Find out more information on the REI’s training courses here:
The REI is an independent educational body which has been in operation since 1975. The REI promotes best practice in renewable energy and energy efficiency through training courses and conferences with the United Nations (UNEP), intergovernmental organisations and 21 universities across Europe.
Over 5000 participants each year attend over 300 professional training courses at 21 universities worldwide.
Participants include major authorities and organisations, such as the United Nations, Coca Cola, Siemens and Ford Motor Company.